Monday, January 11, 2010

The Spiral Staircase

A wonderful must read book for anybody trying to discover religion, have doubts about where you are going with your religion, or if you just want a great read on this subject. The book is well written and its easy to read.

Karen Armstrong makes you feel good about yourself. Maybe because you feel so much for the author because just when she thinks all is going good, things change on her 180 degrees and a new adventure begins.

She wants to find God and in the process goes around the world looking. Can you really find God when you are looking for Him so hard. Remember the honky-tonk song, Looking for Love (in all the wrong places)? Karen is looking for God in all the wrong places but what an adventure it is that she has gone through and would I not change places with her?

It made me think about my own religious life. It made it stronger in my religious beliefs and I now appreciate so much more of what I believe in and what I don't. I know I am on the right track and right place when it comes to religion. Read the book and find out more about your own religious experience.

My next adventure: A History Of God by the same author

No comments:

Post a Comment